“No one has ever become poor by giving” (Anne Frank). What did Anne Frank understand about wealth and poverty that the consumer world seems to be ignorant of? Take a couple minutes to think about what it means to “give” and what it means to be rich or poor. Here are a couple scriptures to consider as you ponder: Moroni 7:6-10; D&C 11:7. I hope you have an enlightening study : ).
So, what does this have to do with MCom? During team presentations, Jeff started for his team by saying, “Today, we are going to help you to...” That was impressive to me! I felt a desire to listen to his presentation because he told me that his purpose was to help me. Jeff helped me to learn that helping people makes us rich.
Now what? I am going to try an experiment this week. Every morning I am going to ask Heavenly Father to provide me an opportunity to give somebody a gift. I will look for opportunities during the day, and if none seem to present themselves, I will choose the person and the gift myself. I’m not talking about wrapped in paper gifts, the gift might be a note, a helping hand, an invitation, or something along those lines.
I really like the quote from Anne Frank. It really helps bring life into the proper perspective. You could have all the money in the world and still be poor emotionally, and spiritually.
ReplyDeleteI gotta' hand it to ya, your attention to the little things can make a big difference. If we can remember to keep a helping attitude, it'll show by the little things we do and say. Maybe that's the best hook of all, just letting your audience know that your presentation's purpose is to help them.
Delete