Saturday, January 11, 2014
Getting to Know You
I enjoyed the part of the "getting to know you" game we did in class when someone was asked to describe another person based on their initial perception. I have been thinking about the messages I might be sending strangers based on my appearance. My pondering mind took me to Mosiah 18:9 in the Book of Mormon: "stand as a witness of God at all times and in all things, and in all places that ye may be in." I want other people to be able to know God better by knowing me. On Sunday, I plan to take time to figure out what changes I might need to make to better represent Heavenly Father. After I figure out what I can do, I am committed to making the changes that I identify as necessary, and look forward to being able to better participate in doing God's work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you Cade for reminding me about one of the true purposes of our time here at BYU. I want to learn in this class how to better communicate non-verbally and verbally of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I think you're already doing a great job standing as a witness of God, but I wish you success in your goals this week.
ReplyDelete