Saturday, April 5, 2014

Flip it!



Presenting in class this week made me feel more like a salesman than anything I've done.  It was fun using the flip-charts too.  I thought the whole setup was great, class was really enjoyable.  Class was not just fun, but I also learned how important it is to stand out.


Jeff had an awesome guitar bit as part of his presentation.  His performance is the thing I remember most about the entire event on Thursday.  The reason his performance was so memorable is that it was unique.  Most of our presentations were very similar; we talked, wrote acronyms, and flipped pages.  Even though there was a lot of great information, it has mostly melted together into one indistinguishable blob in my head.

So what?  I’m going to be more like Jeff.  When I am teaching, I will consider using unique methods at key points in my lessons to help my students remember the most important things.


p.s. watch general conference:
https://www.lds.org/general-conference/watch?lang=eng

1 comment:

  1. Having a guitar bit as part of the presentation is pretty dang sweet! It really is all about being unique! You remember what is different.

    ReplyDelete