Being a boss is fun! Doing mock interviews in class was not only fun, but educational as well. I have been interviewed plenty of times, but have never conducted a job interview. I learned that interviewing for a job is kind of like the judgement bar at the end of life. Getting ready for the interview has a lot more to do with the way I live my life and what I do with my time than it does with any sort of “interview prep” that I could do.
While conducting interviews, I did not feel like I was judging the value of the person in front of me, but their fit for the position I needed to be filled. I can understand how it is possible to be a great person but a lousy candidate for a specific job.
As I was being interviewed, a billion stories came to my mind in response to each of the questions of my interviewers. I hadn’t recognized how many experiences I have had that qualify me for the position I was applying for. Because of the experiences that came to me as a result of the path of my life, I did not have to try hard to sell myself to my employers. I felt confident and in control, and thought that it would ultimately be my decision to take the job, because I knew they would want to offer it to me.
Now what? Get ready for The Interview now! I want to approach the judgement bar firm in the hope of a glorious resurrection. I am going to live my life in such a way that I can stand confidently in the presence of God. I am going to start by a serious study of D&C 121:45.
No comments:
Post a Comment